HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"CREATE BANNER"

On display at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, Texas is this sunny banner that I made as a design team project. The banner was made to decorate a scrapbook room, and hopefully inspire the artist. First, I misted all six canvas pieces in "Sunflower". While waiting for them to dry, painted the Maya Road Alphabet Philadelphia-Lowercase" chipboard letters with "Peeled Paint" Crackle Paint. Next, I typed quotations related to creativity, making an Acrostic Poem, of sorts. These were all printed on the Glitz Designs, Love Games "Scorecard". For some definition, I inked around the quotations using Ranger Adirondack "Lettuce", then stitched around each quotation with burnt orange thread.  Using my Cricut Personal Diecut Machine and the "Serenade" Cartridge, I cut out the scalloped circles to fit inside the Maya Road Bottle Caps "Super Mega" size. Next, I hand cut some of the floral sections of the Laced With Grace "Floral" patterned paper by Glitz Designs. Then, I went back to the canvas and sprayed it with "Seafoam Green" Mist by Maya Road. On each piece of canvas I glued one "Super Mega" bottle cap with the scalloped circle and one of the painted and crackled letters. Tucked under each bottlecap is one bit of the hand cut roses. Each piece of canvas has either a Maya Road Trinket Blossom velvet flower (see picture below) or a Prima Fairytale Rose in "Buttercup". Last, I attached each of the six little canvases to a six foot stretch of green jute twine and added ribbons by May Arts in the orange, yellow and green color scheme.

6 comments:

  1. Woow Patty what a wonderful work you made my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Patty! This is so totally awesome! Is it for sale at your craft store? If so, whoever gets it for their craft room is VERY lucky!!!! I absolutely LOVE it, my creative friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, PIC~ I dont understand....you misted all 6 pieces of what? The inside scallop shapes (interior of bottle caps)? Or do you mean the outside pieces the bottlecaps are adhered to?
    They are keeping you busy! Love the sewing on this project...it adds a nice touch. How big are the bottlecaps? Did you put something over the Crackle Paint on the chipboard letters? Awesome project, girl! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Patty, this is so cool. SO much wonderful work went into this. Love, Love, Love It.......

    ReplyDelete