HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Adore You



Hello, blog readers! I have a layout to share with you today.  It was created for the CSI design team and the subject is something that brings me much joy throughout my day.  The birds that visit outside my kitchen window bring joy and happiness to me every day. I enjoy watching them as they take the seeds that I leave for them. These photos were taken on a wintry, snow-filled day this year. The birds in the photos are a male and female cardinal, a chickadee, blue jay and a woodpecker. 


Be sure to stop by the CSI website to see our sponsors this month. There are eight sponsors and more prizes to win than I have ever seen! So, hop on over to CSI and check it out! 



You can see the texture added to the background here. I used modeling paste and a stencil as part of my background. Then, I spritzed it with a little color to achieve the look I wanted. 

In the background you can see some of the embossing I did. I like to add little sprinkles of embossing powder throughout the background of a layout to add more interset and texture. 
  
Here is my journaling on a tag that I made for this layout. It reads:

   "I adore the birds who come to feed outside my kitchen window. They are a constant reminder of the difference in my life today versus ten years ago. While teaching school, I never had time for such pleasures, as I was always in a rush to get my teaching responsibilities completed. Now, I don't have nearly the demands on my time that I did then, and can enjoy nature's beauty in exchange for only a cupful of seeds a day."

See you next time! 






2 comments:

  1. Wow....awesome mm techniques, PIC! Love how you decorated the journaling tag, too. Of course, you know I love how you use embossing powders.Birding is so rewarding- I hear ya! :)

    ReplyDelete