HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Wonderful Life


It is difficult to believe that it is already June! Time flies when you're having fun  scrapbooking, right? Today, I'm sharing a layout for the CSI Design Team. 

Last month, my daughter and my mother went on a wonderful cruise together. They started their Cruise in Barcelona, Spain and ended in Rome. I will eventually  be doing layouts about their various destinations, but this one focuses on Monte Carlo, in the principality of Monaco. 


Come play along with us at Color Stories Inspiration....AKA CSI for this fun challenge. In the case file above, you can see the criteria for this challenge. Each color in the scheme must be used, three items from the evidence list and at least one of the journaling prompts must be included in the layout. 


One of my favorite techniques used in my layouts is heat embossing. Here, I embossed this lovely architectural element with embossing powders. Both are by Blue Fern Studios. 


Stamping, to draw interest to an area, is one of my signature techniques. 


Here, you can see a 3-D element and paint splatters. I use both of these as  go-to techniques frequently.




Using a diamond pattern in this layout seemed perfect as you see this same design element in Monaco's coat of arms. The photo below shows how I incorporated the same element in the background of this layout.

Products

Blue Fern Studios paper (Frolic Petits Moments),
     stamp (Forever), chipboard (French Ironwork
     and A Wonderful Life) and flowers (Courtship
     Blooms and Tranquil Roses and Lilies),
     Imagine Ink Embossing Powders (Seven Seas,
     Breeze and 14 Karat)
Kaisercraft stencil
Liquitex Modeling Paste
Prima Color Bloom Spray , Ink
Ranger Perfect Medium and Adirondak Ink
Recollections small white flowers and Spray Ink
Stampendous Embossing Powder (Frantage)

From my stash: Pearls


 
The journaling reads, "Elizabeth recently visited Monte Carlo, Monaco, on a cruise. She accompanied her ninety-four year old grandmother during their ten day vacation."

4 comments:

  1. Patty, you know how much I love, and admire, your work. This one is no exception. I love the colouring of the embossing powders on the beautiful chipboard pieces. So rich looking.
    Can I ask you something? How do you keep your papers from warping from the modeling paste and the spray inks ? Do you use sponge to apply the Versamark to the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacynthe! I will be glad to tell you my secret. It works beautifully for getting the warped paper back to is's original shape, whether it has been paint, modeling paste or embossing powders that you have worked with....or all three! Here's what you need:

      The dry layout (already painted, etc., but not yet having the embellishments applied)

      One can of Elmer's or other (acid free) spray adhesive

      One piece of 11" X 11" chipboard (I purchase 12 X 12" through Scrapbook.com) and cut it down.

      Directions: Spray one side of the chipboard, then lay it down onto the backside of the layout. Make sure the surface you are working on is flat. Smoothe out the cardstock starting from the center and pressing in an outward motion with your hands until you reach the edges.

      Occasionally, I still have a wrinkle or two close to the edge of the chipboard. In that case, I just apply some glue (not the spray adhesive). I put the glue on a strip of cardstock that is about 1/2 " wide and slip it between the layout and cardstock and chipboard. Press area down and pull out the paper strip. Use magnets or clothespins to hold the two pieces together until the glue dries. For this process I just use scrapbooking glue stick or whatever I have out. Sometimes it's Zip Dry, depending on how thick the cardstock is.

      Voila!!!

      I hope this works for you, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

      Big hugs!
      Patty



      Delete
  2. What a pretty color scheme...perfect for the challenge! What a memorable vacation, too! Great idea to use the diamond design element. <3 I love seeing your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Patty! Your attention to detail is amazing, and I love all the meaningful decisions you make that help you to tell your story!

    ReplyDelete