HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Friday, April 8, 2011

1210 Welch



1210 Welch was the address of my maternal grandparents in Houston, Texas. These photographs were taken during the late 1920's, and I cherish them. Granny's attire is definitely era appropriate and when I found the little hand scripted china piece in an antique store I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. "To every bird, her nest is beautiful," it says.  How perfect for a heritage layout about a woman and her home.  Granny was a scrapbooker long before I was born and she had an extensive collection of Victorian scrap. She used many of these pieces in her own scrapbooks, but she left a box of scrap that she never used, and that is where I found this little bird from her collection. Scrap heaven!

The patterned paper is by 7 Gypsies, and is called "Conservatory Collection", the lace flower is by Prima....who else?!!! The feather at the bottom of the LO is from Little Yellow Bicycle's "Twig Collection" and the title, "1210 Welch" is from Graphic 45.  For this layout, I did some distressing, inking, tearing and cut work.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You worked wonders with those cute birdies!

    ReplyDelete