The Maya Road chipboard albums are so precious, and the Accordion Album is no exception. This Design Team project for The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, Texas was delightfully fun to do.
The theme, Friendship Through the Years, is based on some of the friendships of my daughter, Elizabeth, from her toddler and childhood days through her senior year in high school.
The process for creating this little 4" x 6" book is:
1. Remove all jump rings from book and save.
2. Trace the album page onto patterned paper. Cut out 12.
3. Using an acid free glue stick, adhere the paper to both sides of each album page. Press together firmly. Allow time for drying.
4. Using sanding tools, sand around all edges of each page.
5. Using white acrylic paint, apply paint to the edges of each page. Allow time for drying.
6. Sand off some of the paint to achieve a distressed look.
7. Using pen, draw stitches around edges of each page.
8. Using punching tool, punch holes.
9. Apply photos and embelish the book. Reassemble, using jump rings.
10. Fill the little plastic tube with goodies that work well with the album. Keep theme and colors in mind. Glue the lid on and tie it to the top of the album with ribbon. Voila!
- Accordion Album
- Craft Square Envelopes
- Leaf Pins
- Gingham Blossoms
- Trinket Beads Hanging Chandelier
- Decorative Scroll Chipboard Set
- Trinket Pins (Crystals, Hearts, Stars)
- Small Organza Roses (brown, white, pink)
- Alterable Vintage Lace Bloom
- Vintage Alterable Trinkets (large)
This is one of my favorite pictures of our son, Lee and daughter, Elizabeth. There were many days when they were little that I didn't think the teasing and fussing would ever end. I don't know when it happened, but I'm happy to report that somewhere along the way they became best of friends!
Other Supplies used:
Bo Bunny Vicki B. Collection patterned paper
Fiskars Laugh With Me Quotes
Martha Stewart Luster Glass Microbeads
Prima Fairytale Roses, Orchid
Prima Madrigal Blossom Collection Fabric Flower Collection (White Librett)
Ranger Adirondack Earthtones Pigment Ink
Ranger Glossy Accents
StayzOn Ink (black)
On the back of the banner are pictures of Elizabeth's high school days and some of the friends she made at that time in her life. In this photo you can see some of the fun things that I put inside the little tube. They inclued four little china teacups shreds of paper, Maya road and Prima Fairytale Roses, tiny blue hairclips and pretty little pink bows.....so very girly, just like Liz!!!
In the picture below, I first stamped the envelope using a Studio G cling mounted stamp, embossed it, then inked it with Ranger Adirondack (Lettuce). Last, I used StayzOn Ink (black) and "Laugh With Me Quotes" by Fiskars to stamp the word, "Laugh".
In the upper left corner of the page above is a small pink butterfly. This little chipboard by Maya Road was fun and easy to do. First, I inked it bright pink, then coated it with Ranger's Glossy Accents and let it dry. Last, I added some little lime green pearls down the center for fun.
To finish this little album, I used Maya Road Trinket Beads for a glamorous, girly look!
Oh Patty, you always do genius work but this is one of my fave ideas of yours! Love how you chronicled your daughter's friendships over the years. It's so neat to look back and recall friendships that changed or remained over time. Loving that bling hanging from the album too! Woohoo!ReplyDelete
This is such a charming mini album and each page is so cheery! LOve the tube filed with tiny girly momentos. Ms. Liz was gorgeous from day one, but her inner beauty shows through too. Great texture, like the paint, love how you used ribbon....FUN :DReplyDelete
WOW! So fabulous!!!ReplyDelete
What a fantastic work on your album Patty!!!! Great stamping,powder embossing well amazing album my friend!!ReplyDelete
What a beautiful mini album!! So many little details to admire & all so well coordinated...fantastic work...& what an adorable little keepsake to have!ReplyDelete
Forgot to mention, I have those same cheerleading sneakers LOL :)ReplyDelete