HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Walk on the Beach



Hello scrappy friends! Today I'm sharing a layout I created for the 
CSI Design Team. The photo is one I took while in Hawaii a little over a year ago. What an amazing view it was along the north shore of Maui! The sun was getting low in The Pacific Ocean, creating a back lit effect. 
Here is how I solved Case File 212:

Scheme: All five colors used
Evidence: Frame, shiny gold elements, flowers
Testimony: I chose Art Journalist for my writing prompt. #5, "List of places you have traveled to."


I had a bit of a brainstorm regarding the treatment of the chipboard. Instead of heat embossing the title, I applied glue, then sprinkled the Blue  Fern Studios "Oatmeal" Imagine Ink Embossing Powder on top of it and and gave it a tap to take away excess powder. Last, I used Ranger Glossy Accents to appear as drops of water from the sea. Voila! The chipboard looks just like sand! 

I adore the beauty of Blue Fern Studios papers and you can see why in this bit of fussy cut , popped up collection of sea/ocean themed eye candy. Also in this photo can be seen the shiny gold sea shell and a bow also tied to it that has more of a metallic shine than the charm. 



This photo has a piece of "fish net" made from a sack for tiny little oranges that I saved from a trip to the grocery store. 



My sweetheart of forty years and I enjoying the beauty of the Pacific Ocean. This photo was taken at the same location as the large photo in the frame.

I also applied some of the Oatmeal embossing powder to the flowers below, but did not actually heat emboss them.


Products:

Blue Fern Studios

     Paper: Seaside Cottage Collection, Mermaid
     Chipboard: A Walk on the Beach
     Stamp: Essential Textures
     Embossing Powders: Oatmeal and 

          Bonnie Blue
     Flowers: Seaside Lillies
Liquitex modeling Paste
Prima Color Bloom Sprays: Cobalt, Fairy Pond
     and stencil
Ranger Glossy Accents
The Crafter's Workshop stencil
From my stash: pearls, net, charm, metallic trim




The journaling reads, "On Pinterest I have a pictoral list of places I have traveled to and remember fondly. One such place is this scene along the beaches of Hawaii. The exact spot was at Mama's Fish House Restaurant along the north shore of Maui."


1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous and tropical!! What a treasured time with your Mom and Hack! Glad you have dear memories and the photos to go with them. So great that you hand write your journaling for your family to have a bit of you on the LO. xo :)

    ReplyDelete