HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Friday, March 30, 2018

Giggle


Happy Easter everyone!  Even though the subject is not actually one about Easter, I hope you enjoy the beautiful colors in this spring layout. What a treat it is to serve on the Color Stories Inspiration (CSI) Design Team. Thank you Debbi for all the fun over the years! This DT inspires me to tell the stories of our lives. If you are a scrapbooker, I encourage you to join in on the challenges so you too, will be creative in saving your memories.


No automatic alt text available.

I was inspired by the beautiful spring color scheme and the prompt, "Write a joke in honor of April Fool's Day". They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and maybe that's true, because I keep playing by the traditional rules at CSI.

This is how I solved Case File 251: 

Scheme: All five colors

Evidence: animals, flowers, fabric and texture paste
Testimony: I told Elizabeth's favorite joke when
      she was five years old. 

Here you can see many of the beautiful embellishments I used on this layout. Isn't the lace gorgeous?!!! I embossed the chipboard and added all of the little tiny seedlings and beads from my stash. The same technique was added to the fabric flowers. As I usually do, I fussy cut the flowers out and popped them up! For the background, I used texture paste, stamping, paint splatters and applied the seedlings and beads. So much creative enjoyment! 



Products
     Blue Fern Studios
          Paper: Heartland, Love Song Serenade and                 Bicycle for Two
          Chipboard: Textured Wildflowers
               Funny, Giggle, Smile, Tweet Friends
          Embossing Powder: Snow, Pretty in Pink                   Cotton Candy and Fuchsia
          Flowers: Homespun Blossoms
          Seedlings: Sweet Pea
          Stamp: Essential Textures
    Tresors de Luxe
          Venice Lace, ivory
     Prima stencil and 3-D Matte Gel
     Ranger Emboss It Stamper


The journaling says, "Liz's Favorite Joke at Five

Knock knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana who?
Banana banana
Banana banana who?
Banana banana banana
Banana banana banana who?
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

This frequently went on and on seemingly forever!"

See you next time! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet page and special memory! I like the tiny beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comments, Shawn!

    ReplyDelete