HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Sunday, June 16, 2013

CLAIRETTE

This layout was created with a lot of love and affection. The young lady in the portrait is my  paternal grandmother, who died when I was six years old. I wish that I could have known her for a much longer time, but it didn't work out that way. 
Clairette loved the traditional feminine past times such as sewing, cooking and painting, as was the custom in the early twentieth century. I remember looking through her box of oil paint tubes and feeling in awe of her talent. 
This little cameo was added to the layout to represent the cameo brooch that she found on the sidewalk one day as she was window shopping. She picked it up, but never discovered the original owner. 
The little beehive represents her industry. She was always busy with her many interests and with being a good homemaker, wife and mother. 
The small handpainted button is from my stash and the tiny scissors are from the Barbie house that I had as a girl.

There is a little story behind the journaling which is very meaningful to me. When my father was nearing the end of his life and he and I were enjoying some time together, I asked him to tell me the most important thing that his mother  taught him. He thought for a moment and then said that the most important lesson she taught him was, "Always Tell the Truth".

This layout was created in honor of Clairette, who was a very wise woman. 

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page, Patricia! Your details are stunning! So happy to have you playing at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbi! I am excited about participating!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and meaningful Patty, all of the little special symbolic bits and pieces are perfect!!! And such lovely soft, muted colors, with gorgeous framing!!! It was very touching reading about your Father's answer to the most important lesson his Mother taught him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! I like the symbolism on this page. You always create wonderful heritage pages :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....simply amazing with all the small touches that REALLY mean something...the scissors caught my eye right away and I was glad you explained the meaning of them as I read along :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pages Patty, I especially love the answer your father gave: " Always tell the Truth" I have always believed this too, no matter how ugly the truth is! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete