HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Friday, June 6, 2014

Perfect Daydream


This photo is one of my favorites from a trip to the gorgeous Canadian Rockies. As I stood there, looking out onto Emerald Lake, I knew that it was going to make a beautiful photo, and it is one of the best in my collection. When I want to take a few seconds out from a busy day or need help falling asleep at night, this is one of the visuals I see from my most treasured memories. Recreating this stunning vision in a daydream helps me take my mind off of most daily problems that have come my way. The calmness it brings is needed some days more than others!



This is my creation for Case File 125 at Color, Stories, Inspiration. The challenge at CSI each week is causing me to have a paradigm shift in the way I think about color, techniques, design and journaling.  If you are interested in becoming a better scrapbooker, check out their website, join in and play along. You won't regret it!

I loved working with this color scheme. It is absolutely yummy, don't you think?



Techniques used here include: misting, painting, masking, 3-D work, stamping, inking, layering and punching.




Products used:

Deco Art acrylic paint
Heidi Swapp mask
Kaisercraft clear stamp
K & Co. patterned paper
Liquitex Modeling Paste
Maya Road
     netting
     pins
Prima
     Color Bloom mist
     resin pieces
     wooden bird
     flower
     Title: "Perfect"
Pro Art Gesso
Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Dabber
Studio Calico
     maple leaves
     wooden words day and dream
Webster's Pages resin cameo



Thanks for leaving a comment! Hope you enjoy the daydream, too.

Hugs,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment