HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Friday, November 13, 2015

Sweet


My latest layout was created for the CSI design team and uses the inspiration word, "sweet". I am not a perfect person, but I have been called "sweet" by many people. In my journaling, I wrote some of the other adjectives people have used frequently to describe me in the past....well, at least the ones they have said to my face.

Our sponsors this month at CSI are:


Carolina Ghelfi Scrapbooking Creative EmbellishmentsScrap Matrix, and our cherished permanent sponsor is Flying Unicorn. Big thanks to all of our sponsors! 




Adding a background that is textured gives depth to a layout. You can see that here. First, I do a little stamping around the area that will hold the photo and embellishments. Next, comes the modeling paste and stencil to add a  pattern to my texture. Last, I sprinkle a little embossing powder and heat it. 


Layering adds dimension, so you can find that in most of my scrapbooking. It takes more time, but is well worth the effort. 



These layers of paper have been distressed slightly before painting a little gesso around the edges. 


Doesn't the embossing add a lovely touch to the background and chipboard? 


Products:

Blue Fern Studios paper, chipboard and stamp
Frantic Stamper die
May Arts lace
Petaloo flowers
Prima flower, stencil, spray
Stampendous embossing powders


Below, you can see the journaling that I created to be placed in a pocket on the back of the layout. It reads:

     Many adjectives have been used to describe me. I'm sure there are a few more, but I will not write them here:

         sweet                        stubborn
         funny                        persistent
         creative                     friendly
         generous                   positive
         patient                       happy
         practical                    kind
         silly                           sensitive  


Thanks, to everyone who stops by and especially to everyone who leaves a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment