HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Friday, August 5, 2016

Fascination



Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my most recent layout for the CSI Design Team. I thoroughly enjoyed the colors for this challenge! Aren't they absolutely stunning together? 



































The prompt is such fun for Case File 208. I turned the sketch counter clockwise once.

Here is how I solved the case:

Scheme: All five colors included
Evidence: birds, travel accent, music element, architectural (if you look very closely in the lower left hand corner of the layout, you can faintly see where I used a brick stamp, applied with a transparent embossing powder.)
Testimony: I journaled about a trip a friend and I made.

This page is also entered in the Blue Fern Studios July challenge: Three Collections and Me



Here, you can see the lovely colors I used to emboss the chipboard. First, I applied a gray color and topped it with pink. Happily, I found a little heart shaped bead in my stash to glue onto the bottom of the chippie. 



You can see more of the background preparation. I love to use these techniques in my pieces: stamping, paint splattering, texturizing and embossing. Ooh la la!!! 


While digging around in my drawers where I keep all of my vintage scrapbooking supplies, I found this beautiful french ribbon. Isn't it lovely? 


Techniques used for this layout include stamping, painting, embossing, paper tearing, texturizing (using a stencil and modeling paste) fussy cutting and 3-D work. 


Products:

Blue Fern Studio (Seaside Cottage) paper, Bird Ornaments chippie, 
Quatrefoil Pannel chippie,  Journey stamp, Essential textures stamp, Bonny Blue, Pearl and Cotton  Candy embossing powders, Seaside lilies flower
Crafter's Workshop template
Liquitex modeling paste
Petaloo flowers
Prima brads and cherub embellishments
Ranger embossing dabber
Recollections spray paint
Stampendous Frantage chunky embossing powder

From my stash:
beads, ribbon


One last look at the dangle....this time as a whole piece. 


The journaling reads, "One of my dearest friends made a trip to Terxas for a 'Girls Week Out'. Shawn lives in California and we have been friends for more than seven years. We met at Scrapbook.com and found over the years that we have much in common beyond scrapbooking. Last summer, Shawn flew to Dallas and that's when all the fun started. We drove to San Antonio, enjoying several small towns along our route. In San Antonio, we went to the Alamo, The River Walk and had dinner aboard a barge by candle light. After a few days we returned to the DFW area. There was one last thing to do on our fun-filled trip. We had reservations for high tea at the Adolphus Hotel. We were especially fascinated with the French Room. What a perfect ending for our trip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment