HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

*Blue Fern Studios* Fan of the Month, Easter Joy


Hi everyone! It's Patty Rogers again to share a layout I created with the beautiful "Spring Parade" collection by Blue Fern Studios. What an honor it is to be Blue Fern Studios Fan of the Month!  

I wanted to use this photo of my two children as they were running and searching for eggs on Easter Sunday. They were always very competative! 

Don't you love the "Spring Bunny Frame"? The charming little bunny and it's size are perfect for the trend in scrapbooking to use a small photo. 



For this piece, I used a variety of papers from the "Spring Parade" collection. The stripes in "Sunrise" begged for a horizontal or vertical design. I used an inking sponge to darken the paper behind the area of interest. This technique draws attention to the area and makes it pop. 


Some of the background work that I did can be seen here. First, I used "Essential Textures" stamp to play up the brick wall seen in the photo. I embossed the chipboard with two colors of embossing powder, then lightly added glitter. Also, I added a few splatters of gesso.


This  beautiful little girl is one of the many reasons I love Blue Fern Studios products! I fussy cut and popped her up for dimension. Also used here is "Garden Lattice Bits" in the background to repeat the garden theme. I seem to be hopelessly addicted to dimension, texture and beautiful paper! 



Placement of the flowers is close to the frame, to draw attention to the focal point. I painted a bit of gesso on the flowers to give them a lighter feel. 


Blue Fern Products

Paper: 

Spring Parade Collection, Spring Parade
Spring Parade Collection, Market Place
Spring Parade Collection, April Medley 
Spring Parade Collection, Sunrise
Spring Parade Collection, Susie's Garden

Chipboard:

Spring Bunny Frame
Garden Lattice Bits

Embossing Powders:
Snow
Sea Mist

Glitter:
Spring Posy

Flowers:
Spring Florals
Spring Peony and Berries

Stamps:
Essential Textures



Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! I love to read your comments. 

5 comments:

  1. Just so darn beautiful! You already know I love your work, and this one doesn't disappoint! Yes, I love that bunny frame, too--so cute! Your layers and textures are always spot on beautiful. Great choice by BFS to choose you as fan of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are so uplifting, Carrie! Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! Big hugs to YOU!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite BFS layout yet from you Patty! I love the design and how you used the fussy cuts. Just adorable! So glad I found your blog and could follow you. I'm a big BFS fan, as you know, so I'm sure to gain lots of inspiration from you! And big congrats on being chosen by BFS! Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to leave such a lovely comment here. Check back, when you get a chance, or go to the Blue Fern Studios Blog (Wednesday's post) for my latest LO and a video! Thanks again for the sweet comments!

      Delete