HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Wild Thing


Happy Valentine's, everyone! Today, I am sharing a layout about our "funny little valentine", Gracie. She keeps a couple of empty nesters laughing at her funny antics and is truly a joy to be around.


No automatic alt text available.
I was inspired by the beautiful colors in this challenge and by our precious Gracie Girl. Here is how I solved Case File 248:

Scheme: All five colors used
Evidence: Floral pattern, hearts, Butterflies, leaves, flowers
Testimony: Document something special about the one you love. 


3-D work, fussy cutting, layering and painting are some of my favorite techniques to use in scrapbooking. 


Here, you can see the distressing of the paper. 


Heat embossing of the chipboard can be seen in this photo as well as use of paint to change up the flowers a bit to tone them down and meet the requirements for the color scheme. 


Products: 

Blue Fern Studios
        Paper: In the Mood, Dreamy
               Attic Charm, Spring Peony
               Attic Charm, Generation
        Chipboard: Wild Thing, Swallow Border
        Embossing powder: Fuchsia, Snow
        Stamp: Serendipity Medley
        Flowers: Remnants Blooms
        Seedlings: Sweet Pea
Ranger Emboss It Dabber
From my stash: Sequins, pearls and pink heart


The journaling reads, "This precious little fur baby is smart and follows commands: sit, stay, roll over, come, speak and down. She puts joy in our lives every day. We love Gracie!"

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to seeing you again! 

5 comments:

  1. Gracie is such a cutie pie! I remember how she sat on my lap on the drive to the dog-day care center, and how she kept me company while I got ready for our afternoon tea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shawn! Yes, she is a sweet little snuggle bug! Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet layout of your sweet girl. As always, I love all the detailed work. You even embellished the journaling card. I look at your layouts and I can't even begin to understand how you go about creating all those layers and those details. Gorgeous! TFS, and give Gracie a belly scratch for me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasynthe, Gracie says thank you so much for reminding her person, and that a pup can never have too many tummy scratches. Thank you for all your thoughtful comments! Jacynthe, you could do this. Just cut and distress the layers. Then use corrugated paper and pop dots to build “scaffolding”. Glue papers onto scaffolding. Add picture, chip pies, and flowers. Last, splatter your paint with a fan brush.....ya dah!!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete