HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

STEAMPUNK STYLE

The Steampunk scrapbooking style is influenced by and often adopts the style of the Nineteenth Century scientific romance novels of Jules Vern, H.G. Wells, Mark Twain and Mary Shelley. Included in this style of LO are clocks, gears, wings, metal, vintage and victorian images.


On this Steampunk LO, titled, "THE TANK",  I did some distressing, inking and stamping, as well as a little bit of paper cutting. I thought that a steampunk theme would be fun for this one, and it was!

Last August, my daughter, Elizabeth totalled her car in a wreck and was hospitalized. She fortunately is fine now, thanks to Divine intervention, and she decided that she would need to drive a vehicle that would give her a little more protection.....so she got a Hummer.....It's the smaller one (H3) and SHE LOVES IT!!!

The next LO was my first attempt at Steampunk. I always enjoy doing something new wiith my scrapbooking, and entered this in a challenge. It was one of the three finalists. I used Basic Grey's Origins Collection for the patterned paper, then inked around the Prima Stencils Mix #5 Used 7 Gypsies Steampunk Rubons, in several places. Also, I used a clock face and measuring tape trim from my stash. I got the airship image off of Internet, as well as the eclectic eye image. They were both printed onto transparencies, then trimmed. Over the eye was glued a vintage optical lens from my stash, which was once used by an optometrist to test eye patients' vision. Had to use a Tim Holtz "Philosophy Tag", of course...And some laser cut gears from a SB convention....sorry, don't know the manufacturer. Also, used Maya Road wings on either side of the clock face that were crackle painted with Ranger Crackle Paint. Also, I border punched the pp behind the photo, using EK Success binding Edge punch.

The photo is a picture of my son, Lee, while doing some lab work for a college chemistry class.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun page...love the masking in the BG! The magnifying glass is a COOL embellie~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the layout with your son! Good job getting that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one literally made me laugh out loud. I love your humor in the page to go along with the photo. As for your Steampunk....you do that as well as vintage!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding pages! I have yet to try my hand at a steampunk layout...but I am sooo intrigued and plan to one of these days. LOL! love the masking and of course, all your divine details!

    ReplyDelete