HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Wednesday, February 2, 2011





What a JOY it was to do this LO!!! The techinques used were wet distressing, inking, stamping, folding, crackle painting and journaling. All flower embellies are Prima, and the pp is Graphic 45 (Le Romantique) and Basic Grey Manila Collection. Other supplies from my stash are metalic lace, , ribbon, brass heart and miniature love letters. The birdcage stamp is by clearartstamps, and it is called "Birds at Home". Also, included are antique lace and a small piece of scrap from my grandmother's collection.

The photograph is of my maternal parents during their courtship, circa 1919. Don't they look so in love? The location was Houston, Texas.
The next LO was done with all K & Co. pp. The flowers are Prima. The techniques I used were distressing, inking, sewing, border punching and wet folding. The page out of the first edition of Alice in Wonderland was found on the Internet, as was the little playing card and the picture to the left of the photograph.

Although the photograph of my mother is not in focus, I love it, because she looked so beautiful in her red dress and hat. Shortly before this picture was made, she played The Queen of Hearts in "Alice in Wonderland". Recently, Mother, Liz (DD) and I went to the movie by the same name, starring Johnny Depp, and Mother said it was very different from her play, back in 1933. Who woulda' thunk? LOL Regardless, something tells me that she stole many hearts back then!


2 comments:

  1. That picture of your mother is lovely as is the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these! I have always admire and loved your detail work!!!

    ReplyDelete