HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

This Day

Today I'm sharing a layout for The Crafty Scrapper Design Team. This layout was created using A Charmed Life by Simple Stories and lots of fun Maya Road embellishments. In this design, my intent was to draw the eye diagonally up and across the page, beginning at the lower left corner. The eye then circles the photo in a  counter clockwise manner.


I began doing the art of beautiful handwriting  forty years ago, while a student at TCU. For ten years, during the 1980's, I taught calligraphy at UTA (University of Texas at Arlington), and still enjoy using it in my scrapbooking work. This lettering was not done with a broad tipped pen, as is traditional  European Calligraphy, but working with a fine point felt tip and using an italic alphabet looks nice if done properly.


After die cutting a gear from the solid blue cardstock, I decided to use that negative space in the layout.


Techniques used here were masking, inking, painting, calligraphy and die cutting.


1 comment:

  1. Your writing is very nice and I love the die cut and theme.

    ReplyDelete