HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Friday, July 10, 2015

Jewel in the Pacific


In May we took a vacation to Hawaii and what a jewel in the Pacific it proved to be!  CSI Case File 170 provided the perfect colors to work with in documenting our trip!

In addition to a stunning color palette for this challenge, we have five main sponsors this month! Follow these links and check them out: 
Carolina Ghelfi ScrapbookingCreative Embellishments  
  Funky Flairs StudioLawn Fawn The Cut Shoppe
As always, our generous permanent sponsor is : 

 



For this layout I wanted to concentrate on the stunning colors, line, die cutting and dry embossing. Here is how I went about creating this look: I started with plain white acid free paper, and spray painted it using a variety of product lines. After the paint was dry, I chose a border die compatible with the theme and cut a length of about eleven inches. Next, I ran each strip through my crimper for some fun texture. Last, I inked it a dark blue and layered the strips onto an inked background. This became my backdrop for the photos and embellies. I was very pleased with the outcome. 


Here, you can see the work that I did on the chipboard. I simply painted it with gesso, then a lime green, then added a crackle gloss effect and finished with a few pearls. 



Products:

Blue Fern Studios chipboard
Graphic 45 paper
Fiskars rolling embosser
Martrtha Stewart border punch
Petaloo flowers
Prima stencil
Ranger Ink crackle accents
Tattered Angels spray
Versa Magic chalk ink

From my stash:
solid acid free paper, white and blue
pearl embellies
metal brads

gesso

Thanks, everyone for your kind remarks. See you next time! ......Hugs, Patty

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous layout is so many ways, Patty. I love your photos from Hawaii and you scrapped them for this challenge beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearls and crackle paint, punching and texture! Lots to see- great dimension. You must have really enjoyed the scenic cruise and fun activities with your sweetie pie! Akaka Falls is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete