HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Teddy


This layout is the story of my son's beloved Teddy and the magic they made together. As many little boys do, Lee carried his little stuffed bear around with him everywhere he went. Just as The Velveteen Rabbit was loved almost to death, so was "Ted"! Through a lot of wear and tear, Ted managed to survive, although we looks a little bedraggled. 



This layout was created for CSI's Case File 169. You can follow the link to the CSI weekly challenges so drop in and see what it's all about. The people who participate are truly challenged to do their personal best each week, so come on over and try your hand at some scrapbooking and fun....all rolled into one.  



For this layout I used techniques such as inking, fussy cutting, 3-D work, stamping, sewing, stenciling and die cutting.

In the little hand made book below, I told the story of Teddy and what has happened to him through the years. Here is the full story: 


            “Hey, Lee. Over here; it’s me, Ted.  Here I am, over here on this chair.”

           “Ted! I hardly recognized you. I don’t remember you looking that bad. What, with your stuffing all red
and almost coming out of you.”

“You don’t? Lee, you almost loved me to death! It was almost as bad as that story, The Velveteen Rabbit that Mom would read to us at bedtime. I’m not kidding you. I didn’t think I would make it! You took me everywhere with you. You took me outside to climb trees, play in the dirt, and we even went for a dip in the pool! I was so dirty and skinned up that sometimes Mom had to put me inside a pillowcase and throw me in the washer. I thought I would drown!”

          “I remember that, but who is that with you in the chair on the right?”

“Oh, that’s the OTHER Teddy. He is the one that Mom and Dad found to replace me.”

          “Replace you?  They said that you had been refurbished.”

          “That’s just what they told you so you wouldn’t have a meltdown and a crying fit.”

          “So, do you mean to tell me that this other bear is an Imposter?”

       “Yes Lee, that’s exactly right. But it was only meant to Save me from the rubbish pile.”

          “Oh good. Now Mom can put you in a shadow box where you’ll be safe and someday there will be another little boy who can love you just as much as I did.”


          “I don’t think so, Lee. Mom just put a padlock on the shadow  box!”


Products:

Basic Grey brads
Dina Wakley
Ella and Viv paper
Kaiser Craft papers (Teddy Bear Picnic)
Liquitex modeling paste
My Mind's Eye paper
Petaloo flowers
Prima ink and stencil
Sizzix die
Stayzon ink

From my stash:
     heart, keys, lock

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will leave a comment. See you next time!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Patty! Love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's good to see you again, Cindy! Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Awww, what a sweet reminder of a special time in your life....a Mom with a young son. Cute page, like the details. The punching and small metal objects are nice. I have a stuffed animal with it's fur rubbed bare from my childhood (and so does my hubby). They are displayed in a doll case :)

    ReplyDelete