HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Camp Lavoys









Hello scrapbooking friends! Sharing a little mini album that I created a while back. It was a gift to my mother in law and the intent was to thank her for being such a wonderful grandmother to our two children through the years. We have had to limit how many of her belongings she can have at her nursing home, so I got this back and can now upload the photos to my blog. It is a poignant reminder of how quickly life goes by, how important it is to save every precious memory and story for future generations and to tell those we love just how important they are to us. 




The little album is filled with pockets and hiding places to add stories and notes. My adult children are both excellent writers and most importantly are loving, so it came as no surprise to me to read their cherished memories written to honor their paternal grandmother in such a sweet and loving way. The letter above is from our son, Lee. 




I added embellishments to bring attention and interest to each of the pages.

Each page and booklet was inked in black to make it pop. 


Here, you can see a small portion of my husband's and my sentiments. 


Grandmother always made sure there were other children for Lee and Liz to play with....whether cousins or neighbors. She also had games, coloring books and plenty of toys as well as activities planned! Of course, there was always fun to be had in the swimming pool! Marco Polo was the favorite game to play while swimming. 


Here are two small booklets I used to include special memories and notes.  


Products:

Graphic 45 mini album
Maya Road baker's twine
Prima paper, embellies, flowers and ink
Ranger knob
From my stash: gray elastic

The letter above is from Liz. Thank you for stopping by today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment