HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Our Wish



Hello scrappy friends! Today, I'm sharing a layout for the CSI Design Team. This work of heart is so very important to me. Our son recently graduated from his university with a degree in biology and his dad and I couldn't be any more proud! 


I think I got my colors off a little. Most Texas Aggies (not that I am one) would say the color above is more of a dark burnt orange than a maroon. But what do I know? I'm a TCU girl myself! My apologies to CSI and Debbi Tehrani for the misunderstanding. I will do my best to get my colors right in the future. 




I am entering this layout in the February drawing at Blue Fern Studios Blog. Fingers crossed! There is always a lot of competition in their drawings, so we will see how it turns out. 



Here, you can see a little of the texture work I did with  modeling paste and a template, as well as splatters of water color. 



I enjoy using embossing powders on my layouts and you can see the results on the background, on the layered papers and on the chipboard birdcage. 


You can see the use of one of the brand new Blue Fern Studios cling mounted stamps and their embossing powder on the dark gray paper. Can you tell that I love Blue Fern products?  


More embossing here with 3-D work gives the layout depth. 





Products:

Blue Fern Studios chipboard, embossing powder,       stamp and paper: Timeless Collection,
      Abode 

Crafter's Workshop template
Liquitex modeling paste
Petaloo flowers
Prima Color Bloom Spray
Stampendous embossing products
StazOn ink



The journaling reads, "Dear Lee, It has long been our desire that you would earn your college degree, and perhaps beyond. After some growing up and a lot of hard work you have made our wish come true. Thank you, Honey! Love, Dad and Mom."

See you next time, friends! 

2 comments:

  1. Patty, congratulations to your son, and to you, as parents. You deserve to be very proud! This layout is a beautiful way to remember this occasion. Thanks for joining us at Blue Fern /Studios for our sketch challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, for your sweet and thoughtful comments. I wish BFS made some really chunky embossing powder.....I would be the first person in line!

      Delete