HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Lee!



My son's birthday this week, so I decided to make him the subject of my LO for case file 132.

We're having all kinds of fun at CSI this week! The color scheme has been wonderful to work with on this layout, and particularly with this photo.   



Come play along. You still have plenty of time, as the challenge doesn't end until August 3rd.





Since this is a masculine layout, I decided to paint the chipboard gears and the flowers in a hap-hazard style to give the overall design a bit of a grungy look.

For the journaling, I wrote out my thoughts by hand on cardstock, trimmed around it, then painted gesso around the edges and glued it in various spots on the layout.


The background was created first, using Prima Blooms mist. While that was drying, I played around with the design and then using a cursive pattern stamp with red ink, I stamped in various places in the background. Next, I painted gesso over the flowers and chipboard gears. I thought the edges of the torn paper needed a little gesso, as well. Then, I did a little border punching around the edges of the paper that would directly frame the photo. Another technique I used was embossing.



For me, a layout is not complete without adding a little dimension, so I popped up various elements, such as the flowers and the photo.


Products Used:
  
     Bazzill Basics cardstock
     Daisy D's patterned paper
     Leaky Shed chipboard
     Liquitex modeling paste
     Prima Color Bloom, ink, mask
     Ranger Adirondack ink
     Technique Tuesday stamp
     Want2Scrap chipboard

Thanks for taking a peek!




No comments:

Post a Comment