HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Fabulous


Hello scrappy friends! I have a tale of love here....just part of the ongoing story, actually. It is a perfect example of why we have been married forty one years.

The layout was created for the CSI design team and includes a lot of examples of technique. Participating in a challenge three times a month takes me to a higher level of accomplishment than I would probably otherwise achieve. 




Thank you Debbi Tehrani for all the encouragement and inspiration! Before we have more discussion of this page, I have to tell you that we have some great sponsors this month. They are: 




The Scrapbook Store





Here, I created a small bouquet using vintage lace from my paternal grandmother's collection. I only knew her for six years, so it is very special to me.  


Techniques seen here are 3-D work, printing, and painting. 


Can you tell that I love to use the 3-D technique? 


Here is a close up view of the embossing applied to chipboard elements. I'm crazy about the beautiful effect it has on my work. Also below, you can see the masking work used here. I added a little color to stay in line with the criteria for this challenge. 

Products used: 

Blue Fern Studio paper, stamps and chipboard
Prima spray mist and flowers
Ranger, Perfect Medium
Ranger/Tim Holtz alcohol ink
Stampendous embossing powders and mica 
Stayzon ink

From my stash: 

lace from my paternal grandmother's collection
hemp cord
jute cord
beads
wire
metal heart



Here is my hand written journaling. I have a little pocket attached to the upper back side of the layout to hold my journaling, and do this on every page I do. Without a story to tell, what is the use of scrapbooking?   


I hope you will be able to leave a comment below. Thanks for stopping by! See you next time. 

1 comment:

  1. You use embossing powders to perfection! Great job. Is this the pretty flower that is planted near your back patio door? I'm glad it bloomed and will continue to brighten your yard year by year. Love the raffia string and heart :)

    ReplyDelete