HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Monday, August 31, 2015

Smile

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a layout that I created for our son and the CSI Design Team.
Lee and his girlfriend attended her sister's wedding in The Carribean and had a wonderful time there. This layout was created to remember the lovely occasion.


I have used this kind of mesh before. It is part of a net bag for oranges that has been upcycled. In order to get it the color I had in mind, I had to first paint it with gesso, then use green acrylic paint to meet the criteria of the challenge.






Here is how the challenge works: Use all five colors in the Scheme. Other colors may be used as accent colors as long as it/they comprise no more than 10% of the layout. In addition, black, white, kraft, cream, gray and brown may be used. Choose three or more pieces of Evidence and one or more choices from Testimony to include in the layout. When you are finished with your page, upload it to CSI to share with us. We love new members! You may just win one of the wonderful prizes from our list of sponsors this month








The Scrapbook Store


Wouldn't you love to receive this gorgeous kit as a prize for being Star Witness from Flying Unicorn?




Now, back to the layout...


I love to include a lot of texture, layering and techniques in my scrapbook pages. You can see the results in these pictures. So much fun! 


In my collection of summer embellies were the little mother of pearl buttons, seen above. I also found in my stash little beads, glued them all together and it made an original, charming embellishment. 


For the Blue Fern Studios chipboard frame and title I used a brayer to apply gesso.  Then, I painted it with accrylic paint and finally used crackle paint for a fun finish. Other techniques used were stenciling, painting, stamping, embossing and die cutting. 

Just FYI.....sharing a little trick with you. The brayer makes painting go a lot faster and is well worth the expense.
You can find brayers at most craft stores. Look in the painting department. They traditionally are used to apply ink during the process of printing, but I use mine for applying gesso and paint. 


Products: 

Blue Fern Studios paper, stamps and chipboard
Frantic Stamper die
Liquitex modeling paste
Petaloo flowers
Prima stencil, ink, metal embellishment
Ranger/Tim Holtz die
From my stash: metal fish, rafia, netting, buttons, beads


Here is the little tag that holds the journaling! Thanks to my blog friends for stopping by and leaving a comment.  

1 comment:

  1. SUPER details.....shells, metal fish, pearls, grassy mesh! Like the combo of raffia and chipboard, too. Love this weeks CSI colors :)

    ReplyDelete