HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Each Day is a Story Worth Telling



Hi everyone! Just sharing my layout for Case File 218 at CSI. We also have a Facebook page. This challenge was so much fun for me because of the journaling I decided to do. You'll see what I mean by the end of this blog post. 

Here is how I solved the case:

Scheme: All five colors used
Evidence: bow, leaves, animals, circles
Testimony: #12 from Carry On Tuesday: The Story is in the journey not the destination.

Also, I am entering this layout in the Blue Fern Studios November Challenge




For this chipboard piece, I altered it a bit. There were snowflakes on it and I didn't want to make snow a distraction from the theme, so Dr. Rogers got out her handy dandy snippers and snipped away. The patient is coming along nicely. 



As most of you know, we recently went to Santa Fe, New Mexico for a week....it was so nice to take a break from the Texas heat, and when we got back things started cooling off here. We got some cool weather a week before our Texas friends! 


Products:

Blue Fern Studios
     Frolic, Dans Le Jardin paper
     Montage Fairyland paper
     DeJa Vu, Luminaries 
paper
     Each Day is a Story worth Telling 
             chipboard
     Winter Cabin chipboard
     Holiday Deer chipboard
     Late Winter Lilies flowers
     Tranquil Roses & Lilies flowers
     Seven Seas embossing powder
     Sea Mist 
embossing powder
     Golden Seas 
embossing powder
Crafter's Workshop stencil
Petaloo velvet flowers
Prima Colorbloom spray
Liquitex modeling paste


Journaling, Part 1
: "Hack and I had been planning our trip to Santa Fe for a couple of months when we discovered that our favorite TV show is filmed at several sites within an hour or so from Santa Fe. We had originally planned to drive to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta, but quickly decided to see where the Longmire TV series is filmed instead."


Journaling, Part 2: "Longmire takes me back to a place, time and a person I loved dearly. The TV series draws a strong parallel to the life of my grandfather, who was a western lawman. As we stood on the porch of Walt Longmire's cabin, I couldn't help but think of 'Dandad'."


Journaling, Part 3: "James Robert "Red" Wright, my grandfather, began his career as deputy city marshal of Arlington, Texas in 1908 and within a year became city marshal.  He was elected Sheriff of Tarrant County, Texas and later was appointed U. S. Marshal of the Northern District of Texas. During his more than forty years of law enforcement he handled many a criminal from Machine Gun Kelly to Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. They were just a few of the 20,000 prisoners he handled during his time in law enforcement, and none ever escaped. Like Longmire, he was a lawman who was dedicated to his electorate and had a strong sense of duty and justice, just as the fictional character Walt Longmire was. Unlike Walt Longmire, he was the 'real deal'."
Thanks to all who leave a comment. 




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! What a treat to have such documentation of his life. He sounds like an honorable, dedicated man. It must have been fun to see the Longmire filming location :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawn! Seeing the filming locations brought a flood of memories for me and reminded me of how fortunate I am to have been his grandaughter.

      Delete
  2. I love the show Longmire! I love how you drew the parallel between Walt and your Dandad! Really beautiful, the details are amazing and your journaling outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carrie! So happy you were able to read the journaling! It is probably more than anyone wants to know, except me. You are very thoughtful to leave such a sweet comment and I appreciate it!

      Delete