HomeLayoutsOff the PageTutorialsEverything ElseMy Resume

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunshine for *My Creative Scrapbook*




Today I am sharing a layout that I created for My Creative Scrapbook. What a joy it was to get creative with these gorgeous papers by Blue Fern Studios and the many, many embellishments in the November Limited Edition Kit!


The DIY Alphas took the color of my watercolor perfectly, as did the DIY Wooden butterflies. 


I added paint splatters and modeling paste over an area of the paper where the photo would eventually be.  I colored the central area with ink that is a dusty rose color. This worked nicely with the Prima flowers in the kit. I painted the edges of the flowers white. 


Here, I used a few layers, some tearing, distressing   and 3-D work to create depth and show off the beautiful Blue Fern Studios papers. 


The chipboard was treated with a little heat embossing and then arranged with the Blue Fern Studios flowers and Prima charm to create a feminine point of interest near the photo. I used a stencil and modeling paste to give texture and pattern to the butterfly, then spritzed it with gold spray. 


I hope you enjoy this fabulous kit as much as I have! Thanks for taking a peek....see you next time! 

3 comments: